Although I’m a self-confessed beauty blog junkie, I’m just as obsessed with food blogs. Food blogs are my porn. I’d happily wile a way a few hours salivating over the latest recipes from my favourite foodies.
As today happens to be International Day of Happiness, this recipe (below) for healthy ‘carrot cake’ from Oh She Glows definitely made my day when it popped up in my Bloglovin’ feed.
I love all the delicious-looking recipes on Oh She Glows – a vegan food blog dedicated to healthy, nutritious food. Written by Canadian Angela Liddon, Oh She Glows came about after a lifetime spent battling an eating disorder forced her to rethink her relationship with food. What has resulted is an award-winning blog and a cookbook, in shops now (see gallery).
As part of my current health kick, I plan on whipping up a batch of Liddon’s Heavenly Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal this weekend. If you fancy giving it a go, here is the recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed shredded carrots
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger (or try ½ tsp ground ginger)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnut halves.
- Preheat oven to 190C and grease a baking tray.
- Mix together the rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: shredded carrot, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and fresh ginger.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and smooth out with a spoon. Sprinkle on the walnuts and raisins.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes until golden. Allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!
SHOP THE POST