Janna Ronert is one impressive lady. Not only is the petite blonde the founder and CEO of Image Skincare, she is also a devoted wife and mum to five-year-old twins. The US-born beauty aesthetician, who started her business from her one-bedroom apartment in 2003, is taking the skincare world by storm with her range of innovative, professional-grade products available in over 46 countries worldwide. Here Janna reveals her own favourite products and beauty secrets.
What inspired you to create Image?
I suffered from rosacea for years. The first line I developed was Image Vital C which is designed for rosacea, dry and dehydrated skin. After thirteen years, this is still our No.1 range. We’re now in 46 countries worldwide which is so exciting!
What differentiates Image from other skincare brands on the market?
This is easy. We really deliver on our promise to “age later”. Every product we bring to market truly gives the customer an “age later” result. Our best selling line is the Vital C range – this is the first line I developed to treat my own rosacea skin.
The newest and most popular line is the Iluma line. This collection delivers the newest clinical ingredients to brighten and illuminate the skin. This collection should be named “red carpet ready” because after using the range your skin will glow.
My personal favorite lines are the Vital C and the Max line. I can’t live without my Vitamin C and the innovative plant derived stem cells and peptides. These new anti-ageing ingredients really give my skin a Botox look, without the needles.
How do you stay in shape?
First of all I have five-year-old twins – this alone is full-time exercise! I work out every day, spending 45 minutes on the Stairmaster and lifting weights. I’ve also begun meditating and this has really kept my mind in a clear, healthy state. I thought meditating was silly, but I must tell you it really does keep me more balanced .
What are your tips for healthy skin?
I have three tips that I practice every single day:
1. Water, water, water! I drink 100 ounces (three litres) of water daily. Your skin is the largest organ in the body, and it needs water . It also flushes out toxins that can cause ageing in the skin.
2. Slather on the sunscreen – rain or shine. UVA-UVB rays are the No.1 cause of ageing. The best anti-ageing product is Image Prevention Plus SPF 30. I use the hydrating version which has anti-oxidants and stem cells for protection.
3. Change up your morning and evening skincare routine. I use everything from glycolic acid, retinols, hyaluronic acid, peptides, stem cells, lightening – there is not one skincare product that is the panacea for ageing. I am a little chemist in my bathroom.
What are your favourite health care products or supplements?
I drink Kusmi Detox Green Tea – this is truly a miracle tea. I only eat organic when I can and so I don’t have to take a lot of supplements or vitamins. I also love Kerastase shampoo and intensive masque for smooth, silky hair. I also can’t live without a great blowdryer – the best is from Italy.
What would be your skincare must-haves?
I have so many favourites, it’s so hard to say. If I was on a desert island with only the four simple, starter products, I would choose:
1. Ageless total facial cleanser
2. Vital C Anti-Aging Serum
3. Ageless Total Anti-Aging Serum
4. Prevention Plus Hydrating SPF 30
What’s your worst beauty faux pas?
My worst beauty experience was at my friend’s new medical spa in Houston. I went to get my eyebrows waxed and the wax was not hot enough so they could not get it off my eyebrows. My friend (physician) and all of her staff were in the treatment room trying to figure out how to get the wax off. The therapist was crying in the room. We all had a good laugh once it all came off. I thought I was only going to have one eyebrow for life!
- as told to TBI