Who remembers date nights? Nope, me neither. Once you get married and start a family, date nights are as elusive as a good night’s sleep, personal space, time and cash – all lovely things I enjoyed in a former life!
So in a bid to rectify the situation, myself and Mr TBI have once again been attempting to go out on dates (with each other, I should add).
I used to love the ritual of getting ready. Preparation would start days in advance, booking in for a mani/pedi or tan, then picking up a new dress or pair of heels. On the day itself, I’d take a long soak in the tub with a glass of wine, my favourite tunes playing before spending a ridiculous amount of time styling my hair, applying make-up and generally “accessorising”.
These days I’m ready in under ten and I’m lucky to have washed the hair. But there are still a few luxuries every girl needs to feel beautiful on a date night. Here are the details from my most recent night out with the hubby.
1. A matching black lace bra set that I am going to pretend is Myla lingerie (it’s Next. Shush!)
2. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Blur Perfector. The most glamorous anti-shine primer in a compact you’ll ever own. Swoon!
3. My favourite Reiss clutch. Strictly for lippy and a credit card only.
4. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture in No. 14. My perfect red lipstick.
5. Zara studded heels. For taxi rides only. No walking, thank you.
So ladies, what are your perfect date night essentials?