Matte lipsticks are everybody’s friend. While I love the idea of a high-gloss lippy, the reality is it usually ends up smudged across my nose by the end of the night (true story). Nose-gate would never happen with a matte! Smudging issues aside, here are few more reasons matte lipsticks are completely awesome.
- Mattes are not sticky so there are no hair-related disasters.
- Mattes have great staying power so you still look fab by the end of the night.
- Mattes look more grown-up than gloss so you’ll always look super sophisticated.
- Mattes don’t feather so no lip liner required.
- Finally, mattes won’t melt in the heat (not really a problem in Ireland…)
Still need convincing? Then check out the new Flormar mattes. Featuring classic packaging, these neutral matte beauties were released in May. Available in seven shades and enriched with cupuacu butter, there’s a shade for every preference.
My favourites is shade No.10 Soap Opera (and for the record, my least favourite is shade No.15 Chocolate Fondue). And while the staying power is good, as with all lipsticks you will probably need to re-apply after eating.
Flormar Extreme Mattes are available nationwide, priced €8.95. For stockists, visit www.FlormarIreland.com.
In the gallery above, I’m wearing:
- Note Cosmetics BB Cream (review here)
- Maybelline Master Fix loose powder
- Charlotte Tilbury Instant palette, eyes and cheeks (review here)
- Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara
- Flormar Extreme Matte in No.10 Soap Opera
So ladies, are you a matte lippy girl?